Apifera Farm is now a recognized 501[c]. Your deductions are tax deductible to the extant allowed by the tax code. We were incorporated as a non-profit in Maine on July 20, 2017 with a letter of determination August 3, 2017. We have been helping animals since 2004 when we lived in Oregon.
Scroll down to donate or create a monthly payment plan.
Amazon Wish List >
Contact Katherine to see our IRS Letter of Determination >
EIN # 82-2236486
Our mission statement:
- Provide a safe haven at Apifera Farm for elder/special needs creatures
- This includes hospice cases when needed
- Dedicate ourselves to bringing our animals together with elder/special needs people for mutual healing and wellness visits at our farm, but also at elder residences
Do you have an elder/special needs animal that needs rehoming? Contact Katherinekatherine@katherinedunn.com. We look at each case individually. We also want to work with shelters, and farms that have special needs animals/elders/goat kids that might otherwise be euthanized.
Donations are used for
- Hay [on average 12 tons], feed-amounts vary due to number of animals and weather
- Veterinarian care and emergencies
- Special needs equipment and items [i.e. winter coats, medicines, etc]
- Bedding, fly sprays, comfort items for needy
- Electricity and utilities to barns
- Fencing, gates [this is never ending]
- Transportation and mileage costs to and from therapy visits
- Costs associated with farm therapy visits-porta potty, assistance
Major Long Term Goals:
- Another barn for animals in 2018 [built a barn out of our own funds 2016]
- Adding another barn will allow better hay storage and quarantine stalls
- Drainage work in donkey area and fields [promote healthy feet, access for trucks]
- Shelter to hold on-site therapy visits with elders and special needs
- Turn another five acres into fenced pasture [we have 30 acres, and about 8 are in pasture]
- Finish the upper barn loft to accommodate visitors all season, where the elder cats can mingle
- We welcome inquiries about donating things we might need: fencing, gates, lumber, fans, etc
- Right now, canned cat food is always needed.
- We have set up a Wish List for cat food and more.